Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blue Butterflies, Lizards, and Dragonfly, Oh My!

So it has been a bit since I have written. A testament that I have been buckling down. Not really actually. If I really was getting in school mode I wouldn't be writing this blog, I would be reading the four chapters I need to read and finishing up that annotated bibliography.

I really took myself seriously when I told myself that I would take it easy while I was here. Its not that I'm not getting things done or that I'm just doing a half way job. Its just that I'm much more lazzie fair about school work then I'm in the States. It causes me moments of uneasiness which quickly fade away as I leave my room to go hang out with people.

I found a new lunch spot and I also found an awesome place to eat. My new lunch spot is right above a small waterfall. I needed to find a new spot as my other spot has been invaded. As many of my other places here seem to be.

Anyways the only problem with this new spot of mine is that it is also occupied by this tailless lizard. I believe his tail was brutally cut off. He always waits for me to get comfortable before he makes his appearance and startles me. I believe he gets great enjoyment out of this. I think I need to name him. Any suggestions?

While eating yesterday I also had the enjoyment of seeing my first dragonfly. At least I believe she's my first dragonfly because I can't recall ever seeing one before. I also had the pleasure of enjoying company of a magnficant blue-turquoise and black butterfly. The butterfly reminded me of those silky dress shirts that are all the rage now.

I had a entertaining dinner conversation last night. Not that most of my dinners here aren't entertaining. My friend Ivan and I enjoy making people uncomfortable with our very open conversations...But last night I was talking to a couple of other guys. They cannot understand how Americans eat apples with peanut butter. I've met a few people already who have never had a PBJ! They honestly are mystified on how people could enjoy peanut butter on apples. Although, personally I do not enjoy it either I cannot find what is so strange. With the PBJ scenario though I kept calling jam, jelly. This received very perplexed faces. I couldn't understand why. Well, its because jelly here means Jello. haha. I couldn't stop laughing at the image I was giving them of PBJs.

Academically UOW reminds me of UA as in the weight of work. I'll let you know how the grading is here though. Lauren describes it as being difficult to receive high distinction but difficult to fail too. They don't do the whole A, B, C thing here. They do High distinction, distinction, credit, pass, and fail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should name him Lizario, I know so original.

I tried apples with peanut butter a few weeks ago, and I liked it. It is interesting the nutty yet sweet taste of it. The peanut butter kind of slides off of it though.:)

Jason said...

Name the lizard Lizzy, the one and only fearless and tailless lizard!!