Friday, March 14, 2008

Feeling at Home

Sorry it has been awhile since my last posted. I tried putting this up last week but it didn't work. :(

I've been here for over a month now and I'm starting to realize how much at home I feel here.

Here are some of the signs:
*My pimples have returned
*I'm freaking out about school
*I'm on Facebook all the time

Things I'm missing (besides of course my family and friends):
*Food! American food. I miss my Jimmy John's, Chipotle, and Pei Wei's. Most of all I miss Starbucks. Maybe I'll get some when I am in Sydney next week! I also miss American junk food.
*Tucson weather. At least its predictable and not all humid.
*Familiar places i.e. Fry's and Target
*TV. I have no TV here and I'm really missing my shows.
*Less Bugs. Seriously everywhere I go there is a bug.
*My room at VDP. I miss the spaciousness of it and the at home feeling I had created.
*I miss working the front desk.

Oh and its St. Patrick's Day and I wish at I was home because my mom always makes me corn beef! Which is my favorite.

Ok, I'll stop there because I'm just going to make myself depressed.

I also know I'm settling in here because things go wrong here as they do back home. But that is the thing...things will always go wrong, no matter where you are. So why not have some new experiences with that (to make the bad better).

Apparently I'm not that American (which is a good thing here). Honestly I think I'm pretty American. I like a lot of American culture.

Classes still going ok. Except I hate Planet Earth because it makes me feel stupid. Science is not my thing. I like my Stalin and Hitler class and my Cold War class. I find it interesting. But then again that is my thing.

This time next week I'll be in Sydney I couldn't be any more excited about. I bit apprehensive about it because I've never rode a train before and because I have so much homework to do before then because I won't get anything done during break!


I've been trying to post pictures with this blog but Blogger isn't cooperating. I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you are feeling more at home there, we miss you bunches here!!

Jason said...

I'm finally getting myself caught up on Amanda's life in Australia. The front desk misses you too, more than you could know!! And how was the train ride!?!?