Monday, June 23, 2008

The Last Blog

So this is it. My last blog in Australia. Reflection time.

I write this, the morning of my departure. I didn't get much sleep last night. A mixture of reasons.

For the past couple of days now it feels like everything has been coming in full circle. Songs that haven't been sang since the start were sang again. Things we used to do but hadn't in awhile were being done again. People quickly in masses leaving. Leaving the campus in the same atmosphere as I had arrived. Even as I type this I hear the familiar sounds of birds. The sounds I heard the first morning here.

I cannot find the words to express just how I feel. It isn't even torn anymore...more like bittersweet if anything. Its just I'm not ready to leave. I love it here way to much. I've grown to attach. So much so that every time I've tried to go to sleep here for over a week now; all I could think about is how soon I could come back and for how long. As if I needed to assure myself before I could go to sleep that I would be back.

At this moment, there are two important life lessons, that come to mind that I've learned while in Australia...

Quality is better than quantity.
That it all really is to short to dwell on the negative. Forgive and focus on the positive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all I am so proud of you fir doing this. I am so happy that you got to have this amazing and unforgettable experience in your life. I am also glad your back...but you will go back there soon and it will be another stepping stone in your journey.

Welcome home!!!!