Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Australian Boys Dance!

Last night was amazing! To be honest I was nerves because I had never been out to clubs before (as 21 is the legal age back home). But 18 is the legal age here. Yes, people will ask you to drink like a million times but as long as you stick to your convictions you fine. If you don't want to drink, don't. It isn't hard to have fun sober.

A few of the RA's took a taxi with me and split the cost since I can't get on the van's that the bars provide here. I thought that was great of them since the van is free and the taxi isn't.

I felt kind of grown up too last night because only once was my ID checked! But this morning a couple of the RAs told me it probably is because they were being politically correct. It doesn't matter to me it just felt great not to be considered to young.

I basically went bar hoping which isn't hard to do since most of the places are all near each other. The bar's here are pretty nice and I know earlier I said I saw couple near Wooldroff's that were not wheelchair accessible...but the ones closer in town were. I went to three different ones and all of them were wheelchair accessible. Even better was that it doesn't cost to get in! I spent the night dancing away and chatting. I was very impressed how willing Australian boys are to dance! Back in the states you usually have to beg a guy to even think about it but last night there were a few times that it was me and like three other guys dancing!

At the beginning of the night I was thinking how does anyone meet anyone in a bar?! It is so loud and so hard to talk to anyone. Then I figured it out, people meet people because in order to talk to people you have to get really close to them.

Wollongong is very hilly and not just on campus, one of the clubs we went to was father away and there was a few hills we had to get up to get to it. But for the most part if you can find someone to help push (which isn't hard) or if you have a power chair getting around isn't bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun. Do they know how to really dance? Or is it just freak dancing? I so want to go dancing too!!!

Tera said...

You party animal you :)

Jason said...

Sounds like you had a heck of a fun night out on the town!! Is your power chair operating again??