Friday, February 15, 2008

Falling In Love With Uni

I realized today that it has been just a week since I first arrived to Wollongong. Although to me it feels much longer than this. Not in a bad way. Just that so much in just a week has happen to me. I've seen and experienced things that I've only dreamed about doing.

Some of the signs that I've noticed that has made me realize how comfortable I feel here now:

I'm starting to sleep like I do back home.
I'm eating what I normally eat back home. (meaning less)
I'm getting bored like I do back home. However, that boredom I do not think will last much longer as today I got my chair back! Whoot. I was really excited and told everyone I saw that I was getting it back today. haha.

I took it to campus and it did well esp. considering all the inclines there are on campus... but the campus is pretty small.

But like the saying goes, "great things come in small packages" and that is for sure with Uni. I found my spot on campus. It is away from the UniCenter area. It is right next to a small stream and when you look up you can see the water fall in the distance. I spent 45 minutes there today just writing post cards and listening to the water flow down the stream and the duck converse with one another. Every time I looked up I saw green grass, a green mountain, and beautiful diverse green trees. I felt at peace there. I felt like I belong there. I know I will dearly miss it when I go back home. I wish I was better at words to truly express to you the depth of the beauty of it all. I thought to myself, "WoW! this is real, I'm really here. I'm not imagining it or seeing it on TV or in a magazine pretending I'm there, I'm really here." It was a picture perfect.

I also felt very much like a American tourist while on campus today. I had my iPod in, my map out, and my camera snapping pictures away. haha. I was grateful that no one was really around.

Another reason why I'm loving Australia so much is that my skin is so clear. Meaning I have but one pimple on my face! haha. My face isn't all greasy either. It is the first time in years since my face has been this clear. I think my body is enjoying being a little less stress then I normally am.

Here are some more pictures and video: Enjoy!

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are having a good time, it looks absolutely beautiful with all that lovely green there. I hope I'll get a chance to enjoy it with you.

Much love,

Jason said...

Ha, those ducks are so cute. I love the pictures, and am so glad to hear that you have already found your "spot!!" Good to hear!!