Monday, February 25, 2008

Learning My Lesson

I learned today that eating lunch by the duck pond is a big mistake. Being nice and throwing pieces of break is even worse. You'd think I'd learn my lesson already but the pond is so inviting. So are the ducks, but they are also aggressive.

Classes began today and getting up at 7:30am was not fun. Trying to get into the school mode has proven difficult. It is hard to shake off the fact that I have been able to just have fun for the past two weeks. Not to mention not being in school since early December. However, most students here haven't had class since November!

Some things to share...
*Uni has a bar on campus. Yes, a bar where you can buy alcohol!!! How crazy is that?! So far I haven't seen anyone stumble into class drunk. Although it is only the first day...
*Wheelchair accessible bathrooms are hard to come by. Although when you do you find one they are pretty nice.
*Most doors into buildings are not open automatically. However, most doors are usually open or moderately light.
*Two hour lectures are not fun.
*Wheelchair population actually is the same as the UA or at least close to it. The services are quiet similar too. Ironically though the door to the Disability center is not easy to open.
*Over the weekend I found that train station is not that hard for me to get to. But I'm disliking the ramps leading off of the sidewalks, they're so steep and all have lips...its almost as if there might as well not even be a ramp there.
*Apparently I have a accent that my friend Lucy tonight pointed out and said it was cute. I wish I could hear this accent of mine. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ducks and Amanda aren't mixing well anymore :P

2.5 hour lectures are worse than 2 hours and I have done that 2 times...cause I am crazy like that

It doesn't seem like the first day was too bad. My Monday is crappy cause I have a cold!!

Jason said...

Yay for American accents!!
And...I agree with the 2 hour lectures, have had an unfortunate few in my time here.
Also, I actually giggled at the irony of the door to the DRC (or its equivalent) being hard to open. How unfortunate!!