Friday, February 8, 2008

But as in more interesting things here…

So far everyone is really nice here, like I left a bag in the car and he came right back pretty quick with it. Thank goodness to because it had my iPod. Oh and when the hot water wasn’t working, and I didn’t find out till like 5pm, the person in charge I guess had left and was on her way home…she came right back to fix it!

They do like to shorten words to things. Like the airline attendant called my laptop a lappy and in the bathroom the name for feminine napkins they call it nappys!

There are only a handful of other people here. I’ve only talked to one whose name is Andrew. He is really nice (he’s the one who gave me is account info so I can use the internet whenever). We’ve talked about our different cultures, about UOW, and he taught me the game of cricket here. Although I didn’t get the terminology I do get the basic concept of it. Oh and I thought they played to many ads in America, here they play ads every 5 minutes! Which the first ad they played here, every time it went to ads was a McDonald’s ad!

Before any of you get any idea’s he’s engaged and is only here for two more weeks. And although he is nice, he isn’t my type.

Food I have eaten so far here…spaghetti, chicken & rice.

Soda here is expensive $1.50! So are snacks like chips. I saw a Mars candy bar in the vending machine for $2!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely buy you chips to have, but what kind do you want?

Already meeting guys Amanda!! Lol, looks like your day is better!!!

Jason said...

Nappy!!! Lappy!!! I love it. Glad you have met some nice people, and try to stay away from the McDonald's, despite the unrelenting efforts of the corporation's marketing in Australia.