Monday, February 4, 2008

"What one woman can do, so can another." Catherine Gaskin

In just two short days I will at last be departing from the United States to Australia. To be completely honest, as Wednesday quickly approaches I get more frighten! I start to worry about everything. A couple of weeks ago I felt very confident. Where did that go? I am sure this is all normal though. I think a little fear is always good.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed too because I just got an email today from the UOW Study Abroad Office about things I should know before I arrive i.e. orientation. I have the same feeling I did when I started the UA, daunting because there is so much information to know. From learning I need to be aware of when my classes are and how to schedule them just right to finding out that UOW has a set limited usage of internet, i.e. accessing websites like MySpace might be restricted

On the very upside: I have pretty amazing news to share with you. I got a phone call from Quantas the other day; they are not charging me the $106 fee to take my second chair! How fabulous is that! From what I understand the contact person I had spoken to with the Disability Airlines representative, contacted Quantas and sent over the US guidelines about traveling with two chairs, which led Quantas to adopt the same policy as well!!!

Saying goodbye to people I think has been the hardest part of all this. I’m really close to my friends and family. They are the ones who provide me the support I need to make it through each day. They are all very excited for me so that makes this process much easier. Thank you to all of you, my friends and family for all your help!

My next blog will be from Australia!!! Which I hope comes with interesting stories to tell and awesome pictures!

No comments: