Friday, February 29, 2008

North Wollongong

The last few days I've felt that I've allowed myself to get comfortable and not out of my comfortable zone. In addition I feel that there is so much I could be doing but haven't. Which is why I made it a goal for this weekend to make it to North Wollongong beach and tomorrow the Science Centre and Planetarium.

I was somewhat hesitant of going to N. Wollongong not knowing what to expect. I can now safely say I'm so glad I did. It was beautiful. I realize I say that about everything here... but it was a different kind of beautiful than everything else I've seen.

Laugh, but I seriously got teary eyed as I was making my way around the beach. Coming to the beach was another step forward for me. A realization again to myself just how much I can accomplish on my own. How much I've accomplished so far. How I wasn't imagining this at all but that it was all very much real. I wasn't laying in bed back in Tucson dreaming being near the ocean but actually there.

Part of my "I feel like an adult" experience included treating myself to a very nice lunch. I figure if no one else is going to spoil me I might as well spoil myself. I needed it. Last night I had start feeling a bit sad that my friends weren't here to experience all this with me. Along with the lunch I decided to order wine. A. It was just exhilarating to be in a restaurant and order wine. B. I have concluded that the reason people drink wine with meals and say that wine help bring out the taste in a meal is because wine is so disgusting that after you sip it and then take a bite of your food. Your food taste so absolutely delicious! :)

Again...here are some more amazing pictures!



















2 comments:

Jason said...

These pictures do make N. Wollongong look different than the other beach you were ate...I think it's the rocks.
Oh, and I like your take on wine :) I think I might steal it.

Anonymous said...

"B. I have concluded that the reason people drink wine with meals and say that wine help bring out the taste in a meal is because wine is so disgusting that after you sip it and then take a bite of your food. Your food taste so absolutely delicious! :)"

God, that was so freaking hilarious. I thought we would try wine on my 21st but this doesn't make it sound good. Lol...maybe it is because it is Australian....glad to see that your having fun, and the pictures make me feel like it is another world over there.

I got your postcard, it made my da so much better!!!